We have a growing collection of premium content here at Eat Like A Bear!, and we also have me running around saying “You don’t need to buy anything. You only need yourself.” Together, those statements cause confusion, so I attempt to navigate the issues for you here.
No Drugs, No Surgery, No Branded Products, in a Diet That Can Be Done on Food Stamps
Indeed, I lost weight completely on my own, with no special products, no surgery, eating in such a way that I could have lived on food stamps.
Do you need any of the information products I offer here? You already have what you need, because all you really need is yourself.
Again, that’s all I had. For me to suggest that you need more than that may actually impede your weight loss, and my first goal for you is that you succeed in your weight loss goal.
Might the premium content support your goal? Absolutely.
Does the premium content actually offer more value than what I give away for free on this site and in the community? Absolutely.
Do you need the premium content to reach your goals? No.
We have had people reach their goals long before the digital content here existed.
However, we also have people who flounder for six months or more and only then buy something, only to report that they should have purchased it much sooner. You need to consider your own situation and make the best decision for yourself.
The Genesis and Development of the Premium Content
The premium content here at Eat Like A Bear! has a very interesting origin story because, in fact, it is based on what has driven the success of thousands of people. Yes, it is essentially what I did to lose 140 pounds, but it shines a light on the key elements that drive success.
Consider other weight loss success cases and the books that come from them: They might describe a whole bucketful of things that people did to lose weight, but probably without much awareness of what elements in that bucket are the most important. They might also not completely appreciate all of the things in their own bucket (because most of us really don’t, and I know that I did not).
As a specific example in my case, when I started the group, I taught about low-carb eating and intermittent fasting, but often not about “The Ridiculously Big Salad.” The Ridiculously Big Salad did not even have a name back then. I had no awareness that it really was its own distinct meal framework when I started the community in July 2018. The Eat Like A Bear! community taught me that point. The book Half My Size with The Ridiculously Big Salad drills down into that framework. The book has driven a whole lot of success in the community.
All of the premium content here is based on what is driving weight loss success in this community.
When I started the community, I announced “I am not sure what I am doing leading this, but if you want to follow someone who’s going to fight like hell to maintain this weight, you’ve found her!“
And so here we are three years later. I can still fit into my jeans, and thousands of other people are tucking in shirts and wearing belts for the first time since 1983.
My success in maintenance is driven by this premium content that I have created. In fact, while I obviously did not need the premium content to lose weight, I do wonder whether I have needed it to maintain my weight loss. I expect so. I have learned a great deal about myself in the process, a point that you will not miss if you end up in the psychology course.
In fact, this graphic may be a representation of the development of the premium content:
But First: The Free Three-Day Challenge
If somehow you’ve landed here and have not yet taken the Three-Day Challenge, that is absolutely your starting place. You will learn the main meal framework that drives the success you are seeing here. I teach it to you over three days. There are no additional “secrets.” It’s all right there.
Take it and run!
It may well give you all you need. Find the Three-Day Challenge here.
(Frankly, our earliest success cases succeeded with far fewer resources.)
From there, decide if you want to purchase premium content.
(Yes, the Three-Day Challenge was featured on the cover of Woman’s World magazine. ***bow***)
The Digital Content Is a No-Brainer
First, if you find the digital content to be lackluster and over-hyped, just ask for a refund. My husband, Sander, is back there in charge of customer service. Just email him at support(at)eatlikeabear.com .
The print books are non-refundable, so don’t buy those if you think you might want a refund.
Just go digital!
—> You can do that here. <–
The Purpose of the Digital Content
Much of what we do here at Eat Like A Bear! is ridiculously simple, and I definitely get people who say: “I don’t need to pay someone to teach me how to make a salad” (or whatever else). I get it. I took things like the salad for granted for months in the community before I wrote the book. If your current meal implementation is working for you, then go forth and keep doing it.
As simple as all of this is, this is also true: In all of this simplicity, I was fat for nearly 50 years. I have a Ph.D., and I was extremely eager all of those years not to be fat. I sure wish someone had told me about this 35 years ago. I would have paid a heck of a lot more for this simplicity than any prices you see on this website.
Some of the most important things we will ever learn are the things that are obvious once someone tells us. I made a video about the “aha moment” of this digital content. Give it a listen:
Basically, as I see it, if what I am teaching is not simple, then I am not doing my job.
Look at all of the weight loss programs that overly-complicate their program because they are trying to distinguish themselves in some way. Since we do have a growing mountain of success cases, we are just going to keep on keeping it simple.
Watch the video above: Aha!!!!!
Which Digital Content to Buy?
We have a good mix of content at this point, which is great, but it also causes a potential problem for decision-making.
This is what we have to date:
In print (U.S. only), two books:
- Eat Like A Bear! Jump Start
- Half My Size with The Ridiculously Big Salad
In digital, four online courses:
- Eat Like a Bear! Digital Jump Start course.
- Ridiculously Big Salad digital course.
- In development: Cooked RBS (Ridiculously Big Salad) digital course.
- In development: ELAB Psychology digital course.
Read much more about these courses in the product area here, but the two courses in development (“Cooked RBS” and Psychology) are only available now in the digital bundle. I expect them to be available separately by late summer 2021. The product descriptions include some details about where the courses are now and what you can expect to be in them when I break them out.
(Bundle buyers get all updates, so this is just a way for me to give people early access. It has kept some pressure on me to develop these, frankly, so thank you for that.)
Various Packages, Best Values
There are various bundled approaches to all of these products in the course area, so click around and consider what will work best for you.
The most-purchased packages are these:
- The Digital Bundle. Currently priced at $97, this product gives you access to all of the content, in digital form. Don’t wait for a sale price because this bundle is already fairly wildly underpriced. The price will go up when those two courses are fully developed.
- The Digital Bundle Plus Print Books (U.S. residents). This is the “best of both worlds” approach, with the physical versions of the two books plus all of the digital content.
- The Jump Start Digital Course. This course includes the digital Jump Start book and has a powerhouse collection of videos in the course area. For a one-time price of $37, this course may be the best deal on the planet (after the bundle, because the bundle includes this course, too).
- Any Content about The Ridiculously Big Salad. In print and digital together, we’ve sold over 20,000 copies, and it has driven a great deal of success. It is included in the big bundle, and it is described a bit in the Jump Start book, but if you are seeking to drill down into this meal framework, you do want to get the digital course or print book to do so.
- Print Book Two Pack (U.S. residents). If you’re an old-school print person, there is a two-pack available, with one of each of the hardcover books. I actually envisioned these two books as companions, so it does make sense to buy them together. (To clarify, though, the digital versions have the same content as the print versions. However, the production quality is better in the print books.)
These Sales Generate Revenue for Everything We Do Here for Free
I am proud that at Eat Like A Bear! I can offer so much content and value completely free of charge, but I do get comments quite often that I should be offering a good bit more for free.
Here’s a cold, hard fact: None of this content would exist if all of it were free.
The free-to-you Three-Day Challenge would not exist. It would have never been featured on a national magazine cover. It would have never driven massive weight loss success. It requires a whole infrastructure to deliver, an infrastructure that is free to the community because I pay for it. The moderation of the Eat Like A Bear! community on Facebook is a big ticket, as well.
Take the free resources and run with them. If you need more, this is me passing the hat — put your cash into the hat if you need more support or if you would like to support Eat Like a Bear! Buy a book or course.
I have recently recounted the Eat Like A Bear! backstory on YouTube. The revenue model portion is relevant here.
Our Free Resources
We have a powerful combination of free resources here at Eat Like a Bear!, likely a key reason for the success you are seeing:
On the food front (“What to eat to lose weight”), the Three-Day Challenge is completely free and exposes you to the eating model that has driven much of the success you see.
On the psychology front, the main Facebook group, Eat Like a Bear! Stories, will give you daily inspiration to help you on your path. (Frankly, it may provide inspiration by the minute.)
I’ll be honest and say that for the past year I have struggled to keep these two key resources free. They have gotten fairly expensive to maintain, and I have used all of the revenue from the paid content to keep these free to the community.
Moving forward, I do hope to put additional free content onto YouTube (with a focus on member success and stories), and I will be selling Bear-related merchandise to make that possible. Look both for that free content and for the opportunity to support it.
Paid Resources in Development
As this community grows, we regularly have many requests for additional types of support. As we have looked at demand and what we can offer from the point of view of quality and success, these are our projected areas:
- The Cooked RBS and Psychology courses top the list (since they already have buyers).
- A YouTube channel membership with weekly live videos wherein I will coach a handful of people one-on-one. Members will be able to watch and engage with those videos live. (Coming probably June 2021, probably for $14.99/mo within YouTube.)
- A 12-week weight loss coaching program, a small-group coaching model, probably open to buyers of the digital bundle (since it will be based on that content). This concept is still a ways off. I would not look for it until 2022.