Eat Like a Bear! Free versus Premium Learning Products
Here in the Eat Like a Bear! community we offer a generous assortment of free content and forums. The greatest feather in our cap is that a good number of our success cases have succeeded with just our free resources.
Do not overlook our free content, especially if you are just getting started.
The fact is that all of this can be done on food stamps.
Given that, why do we offer premium (paid) items?
As we’ve grown and had perhaps more success than just about any weight loss platform in history, many community members have asked for more. We’ve had success from the very beginning when we had no premium items to offer, and yet we’ve also seen our success improve with the premium items.
Premium Content Goes Deeper
The premium items go FAR DEEPER than the free items. They are designed to take you deeper through their specific topic. Each book and video course has driven its own success.
Product Development Timeline
- July 2018: Community founding after two ladies lost over 40 pounds each in two months following Amanda Rose’s live videos on Facebook. (Our first two 100+ pound weight loss cases would use this same free content.)
- January 2019: A simple 50-page e-book (The Bear Bones Blueprint, now only available as a bonus item in the ENGAGE community) taught the basic framework more systematically and drove a higher rate of success in our first half dozen 100+ pound weight loss cases.
- March 2019: Amanda Rose responds to community demand for “a salad book” and begins a series of live videos on salad dressings.
- June 2019: An early digital version of Half My Size with The Ridiculously Big Salad sells a thousand copies. Community members double down on implementation. Success rates improve.
- January 2020: The powerhouse (and free) Three-Day Challenge is first implemented, teaching people the key framework of The Ridiculously Big Salad (including the “Day 2” cooked approach). Tens of thousands of people would use the Challenge as a starting point.
- Spring 2020: The original version of the “Eat Like a Bear video course” is launched.
- August 2020: The print version of Half My Size with The Ridiculously Big Salad is released, and all 10,000 initial copies were shipped from a small rural post office. A story about this appeared in the U. S. Postal Service employees’ magazine.
- December 2020: The Three-Day Challenge made a U. S. national magazine cover in December 2020 and became its own book. (The Jump Start book replaced the original 50-page framework book.)
- August 2021: Increased demand for a book based on the Day Two meal (the cooked meal) of the Three-Day Challenge led to the third book (now only in digital format), Half My Size with Soups, Skillets, and Sautés, a book loaded with recipes but, more importantly, one that pairs those recipes with the winning psychology of implementation, driving longer-term weight loss and maintenance.
- September 2021: The member-funded Deep Den community was formed with a focus on leveraging the last 100 days of 2021 to drive long-term progress and goals, right through the 2021 holiday season.
- December 2021: The Deep Den community grows and sets up shop outside of social media. The Deep Den funds its own tools for engagement and interaction for $1 a day.
- September 2022: The Big Bear Blueprint Course is launched as the key starting point in premium products at Eat Like a Bear!
- January 2023: The Deep Den opens for new members at the beginning of each quarter. Learn more about it here.
- February 2023: Due to community demand, we launch a simple and inexpensive recipe collection — a dozen quick recipe downloads to supplement the Three-Day Challenge. Our best-selling collection is for a general audience but we also offer a plant-based, dairy-free, and post-bariatric collection. We have a collection of pureed soups for times of illness and dental work. Find the collections here.
- March 2023: The print version of Half My Size with The Ridiculously Big Skillet is launched and available in the U.S.
Core Learning Products
Find all of our learning products at the Bear Shop (here, CLICK!) but in our experience, people tend to go in two directions:
(1) I need some recipes!
If you’re just wanting some additional recipes, we have a super budget-friendly option for you in our “Dozen” collections. Get a dozen Ridiculously Big Salad and Skillet dishes, including variations for vegetarian, dairy-free, and post-bariatric. Find your options here (for more info CLICK!)
(2) I want to KNOW!
The Dozen recipe collections are just recipes and if there is any real “secret” back here it may be that the success you are seeing in this community goes way behind recipes. Having on-point recipes is necessary for weight loss, but likely not in itself sufficient. The context in which we implement our weight loss approach is important if we are to get to that goal weight AND to maintain it over the rest of our lives. The books and video learning content delve into these areas and drive additional success in the Eat Like a Bear community.
Grab a book or grab the 3-pack.
(We also have a membership area that is focused on the psychology of implementation. We open that community up for new members at the beginning of each quarter, so keep an eye out for an invitation via email.)
Grab a book!
(3) I need SUPPORT
For sure, changing habits and implementing something so life-changing is FAR, FAR easier with the support of like-minded travelers. We do have a free Facebook community for your stories, but we go far deeper in learning content and in support in our member-funded Deep Den. The Deep Den is priced at cost, so you have the opportunity for added support at a very good value. The Deep Den opens to new members quarterly. Watch for email announcements.