Get Started! (Eat Like A Bear FAQs)
Find our primary success tool: the completely free Three-Day Challenge (learn more here)
The Three-Day Challenge is a free mini-course via email. It teaches the main eating framework driving success in this community. Learn the framework and adapt it to fit your needs. It’s that simple.
Eat Like a Bear was founded on two key tenets of eating.
Tenet 1: Intermittent Fasting
Tenet 1 of the Bearish way of eating is limiting the block of time that you actually eat. For example, in a 24-hour block of time, you might eat for a block of 5 hours. If you haven’t tried this, you really should. It is a concept that seems strange and seems like it would not be effective, but it was a game-changer for me and has been for many others.
Here are some resources:
- Intermittent fasting for weight loss. What is it? What are the many ways you can implement it for success?
- Intermittent fasting meal ideas
- How to control your hunger
- How much weight can you lose?
- Snacking and intermittent fasting
Tenet 2: Keto / Low Carb
There are many variations of the recommended “keto” diet out there and I am firmly in the camp of “do what works for you.” I didn’t (and don’t) count macros and I don’t eat a precise portion of fat and protein. However, to lose weight quickly, you need to follow a diet very low in sugars and starches so that your body gets right to burning your body fat each day. Any very low carb program you follow will do this for you.
- Here’s my take on keto for weight loss (and how to think about how much you should be eating).
- Should you count “macros”? I don’t count them unless something is not going well.
- Do I need added fats in stuff like “bulletproof coffee”? No.
- Should I have a “cheat day”? (No.)
- Should I count total carbs for “net carbs”?
The Psychology of Success
The great success of the Eat Like a Bear community IS in part due to the food approach above, but the psychology of success may very well be what sets it apart from the herd. Do not miss this content.
- A Postcard from Yellowstone, September 2018 Facebook video. What happens if you are beaten down by decades of diet failure and swing that hammer one more time? (This single video brought thousands of people to the community and it message has been identified as a key component of the success of the community.)
- Prologue to the book Half My Size with The Ridiculously Big Salad, amplifying the message of the video A Postcard from Yellowstone.
- “Can’t versus “Don’t” and the Mindset of Success, a YouTube video.
- “No, It Won’t ‘Happen For You’“, a YouTube video.
- Yes, You Can! If you really doubt it (and I would too, I get it), there is nothing like a whole community of people completely on fire. Watch the biggest grinders in this video.
Premium (Paid) Content If You Choose
We have a fairly in-depth collection of premium content available here at Eat Like a Bear! Learn more about its purpose here (CLICK!).
Find our go-to starting place product right here:
Frequently Asked Questions (from the Eat Like a Bear! website)
- Q: Where can I buy the premium content? All of the premium content is described on this page: Eat Like A Bear! Premium Content.
- Q: What is “keto”? A: How to think about the food.
- Q: What on earth can I eat? A: Intermittent fasting meal ideas.
- Q: Should I have a “cheat day”? A: No cheat days.
- Q: Isn’t your hunger insane? A: Hunger with intermittent fasting.
- Q: Can I snack if I’m starving? A: Snacking and intermittent fasting.
- Q: What if I only have 30 pounds to lose? A: Less intensive approach.
- Q: How much weight can you lose? A: Weight loss with intermittent fasting.
- Q: Should I count my “macros”? A: Macro counting.
- Q: Should I drink bulletproof coffee? A: Bulletproof coffee for weight loss.
- Q: Should I count total carbs for “net carbs”? A: About net carbs.
- Q: Is apple cider vinegar good for weight loss? (Yes.) A: Apple cider vinegar for weight loss.
- Q: What are some ways to drink apple cider vinegar? A: Apple cider vinegar drinks.
- Q: How do I stay disciplined? A: Discipline and weight loss.
- Q: How are we going to maintain our weight loss? A: Weight maintenance.
- Q: Have you cured your obesity? A: No. Here’s why.
Do you have a question that you don’t see here?
Our community platform at “The Den” is your go-to place for your questions. There are many more discussions at The Den and you can post a question as well by simply making a profile on that site. The question area itself is publicly viewable, so if you have a more sensitive and private question you can use a moniker/alias for your profile. Find the question area here (CLICK!).